Sample Statement of Purpose (SOP) for MS
An SOP needs to be written in an effective way so as to reflect your personality, aspirations, determination, and enthusiasm towards your application. It is the most important tool that can boost your chances of being selected by your dream university and enrol to the course of your choice, thereby, taking the first vital steps towards a brand new career. To get a clearer view on its power, it would be appropriate to say that an SOP is the strongest kind of document that supports your dream by presenting your candidature strongly. It is more important than a degree or a transcript or the certificates you have received by far, because if not presently strongly you application may face a rejection.
Understanding by its name, an SOP or a Statement of Purpose, is developed to state your purpose of applying to a particular course or college. The purpose needs to be clear and presented in a concise manner. A candidate’s profile is best explained through this document explaining everything done by far and relating the same with the future aspirations of the person. SOP is a way of highlighting your achievements and discussing about your future aspirations with a vision of bringing about a change in the industry you wish to work. The most essential information that needs to be covered in an SOP would be career goals pertaining to the chosen course of study and the university details you wish to apply for.
An SOP can be written with different approaches. You may check out the samples on
Step-by-step method of including information:
- While developing an SOP for MS or Masters or Graduate Programme, what needs to be considered is the kind of course you are applying to:
- Discussing about the industry we plan to join and relating it to your long-term goal is the best way to begin an SOP.
- Explaining about your background, academic and professional, highlighting all your related endeavours and achievements when combined with a motivation covers the next almost 2-3 paragraphs.
- Then explaining about how your background when complemented with the course of your choice will help you in achieving your goals would be the ideal next step.
- All the information discussed above should lead your decision of applying to the chosen course and college, where you would discuss the opportunities you would get by studying under some professors and contributing to their research work.
- How you would utilise the college facilities to enhance your knowledge and develop new while sharpening your existing skills needs to be written with precision.
- This would include talking about the college and country you wish to study in relating to the industry you wish to work in the coming future.
Some universities do not require an SOP, they rather ask for a university-specific essay, the questions asked in which vary from course to college. They would need you answer some specific event your life or some experience you had or anything related or non-related to the field of study. These essays need to be answered very carefully. Your may refer to the different kinds of college essays given by various colleges to assess the profiles of the applicants.
It is always recommended to take help from the study abroad professionals who can help you find the suitable course and university and also help you with the educational loans, student visa, financial documents and even with the development of your admission documents such as SOPs, LORs, CVs, and Essays.